Friday, January 18, 2013

DIY Wedding Headpiece


I was recently wedding shopping with a friend(she's getting married) and she was interested in a headpiece but when I looked at the price I thought you've got to be kidding me!!!
They wanted well over $100 for it and it was nothing special(by that I mean no precious stones or metals) so without telling her I went looking for supplies to make one and made the one pictured above. It is slightly simpler then the one she tried on but a heck of a lot cheaper!
The cost of the one that I made was approximately $20.....gasp.
Now you might be thinking it took forever to make and was very complicated but you would be wrong. It took me less then a half an hour to do and the drying time(for the glue) was 24-48 hours.
If you are interested in making your own check out the picture below for all the supplies you need and I will share some simple steps.


Step One-trim the rhinestone chain to the desired length for your headband
Step Two-attach the rhinestone chain with glue(a small amount) to your headband
Step three-wrap the wire around the rhinestone chine and headband(just once in between each rhinestone)
Step Four-either wrap the ends of the wire around the last rhinestone or tuck them under the wrapped wire

If you love the simple look of just the rhinestones then you are done. Just let the glue fully cure/dry and it will be good to go. If you want to add some decoration/embellishment keep going :)

Step Five(optional)-attach your decoration/embellishment with glue or wire or both....I used both as my headband had a circle connecting the two bands so I had a spot to put some glue. 
Step Six-check the headband for any wire poking out....don't want that.
Step Seven-let the glue fully cure/dry

And that's all there is too it. Hope you guys enjoyed this DIY and if you were curious at all my friend loved the headpiece I made so I gave it to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.