Wednesday, November 7, 2012

DIY-Christmas Newsletter

I'm not much for the Family Christmas Newsletters you give in Christmas cards. I love receiving them but just not a big fan of giving them.....until now!!!
On Pinterest I have seen a really fun new way of doing them and so this year I have done up my own. Below is the process of what I did to create it. I used PikMonkey for all of my editing.

I used a random picture, grayed it out and added this texture to it....
 I customized a collage and put the above pic in all the spaces for my background....
 I added some overlays for visual interest....
Figured out my titles for each section and put them in....
 And finally did my write ups....

I am LOVING how it all turned out but when I printed a copy to see how it would look (a)my hubby thought it was way too dark and (b)the texture in the background didn't really turn out. So instead of redoing it I uploaded it back onto PicMonkey and lightened it.

This one turned out much better when I printed it....

A huge thank you to the other two bloggers who have inspired me! If you want to check out their newsletters they are both pinned onto my Christmas board on Pinterest....
http://pinterest.com/mrsevally/christmas/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.